Thursday, July 30, 2009

RAIN

After 2 months of practically no rain, we got almost 2 inches of rain this morning. There's nothing like waking up to the sound of rain on our metal roof. I slept in until 10 this morning to the nice sound of rain.

At the "Riding through the Bible" study tonight, I was the only one to bring a horse. There were 18 people there. One has had surgery on his shoulder, one had knee replacement surgery. The rest just don't ride or didn't bring a horse. It's so lonely riding by myself. Everyone in this area already has an agenda or routine with their horses so I end up riding alone. It's really hard being the new kid on the block. It's just too bad that I've been here for 4 years. Isn't that a nice pity party?

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I've found it hard to find people to ride with too... Wish we could coordinate a few rides - it shouldn't be so hard! This is Texas!!

Andrea said...

We had a horrible dry spell and now we are soaking wet. It's rain every day for a week and a half. It was much needed though. And I can never find anyone to ride with me. I normally do it all alone. I would love to come ride with you!! I really want to do some fun trail riding since I got back from the dude ranch. I wonder if you can put up a Want Ad. "Wanted, horseback riding buddy."

And girl, I have lived here for 6 years and don't really have any friends. I moved into a small town where everyone grew up here and they are already friends and don't want any more friends. It's hard. So, I am with ya on the pity party!!