Saturday, January 24, 2009

Oooh the weekend

Weekends are when everything happens for me. I was notified this week by the pastor's wife that She really felt I needed to go to the Cowgirls of Faith weekend retreat. I had decided that I wasn't going to go. The retreat started on Friday, and I work until 4 and an hour from my house. By the time I got home and then headed out to East Texas, the Friday events would be over. I would only be able to attend the Saturday sessions. I did not think that it would be a wise use of my money to pay for a hotel room and the full registration, when I would only get Saturday. (I digress) So, the pastor's wife says that I should go. Then my hubby says I should go. Pastor's wife said that someone else thought I needed to go, so my room was paid and my ticket, along with my daughter's. AND, a friend would be coming past my house at 5:30ish anyway headed toward the retreat so I also had a ride. So I went. It was fun. And I'm not entirely sure that I am through learning from it yet. Still don't know what I'll tell the church tomorrow if called on to talk.

Speaking of tomorrow... Our church also has a playday. A playday has a lot of the rodeo type events, but without the pressure of the rodeo and no bulls. There will be all the timed events such as barrels and poles. There will also be goat type events and breakaway roping. I am taking my horse but will not ride in the events. I really need to socialize her. I'll have video and pictures soon.

I am sooooo tired now, though. I am going to bed!!

No comments: