Monday, January 7, 2008

The animals.


Scarlet - Our first horse. Really, she's on loan from a good friend so we can learn how to ride horses. Scarlet is a 30 yr old red and white Quarter horse/Paint mix. She's the boss mare if I'm not there. Her baby is June.

Tonto- Our 10 year old gelding and the first horse we have bought. He's for sale especially if I can't get him where I (the new horse person) can ride him. He's a beautiful Red Roan Appaloosa.


June - Scarlet's goat. June was born on our ranch and we kicked her family off. (They belonged to someone else and we needed the land for the horses.) Scarlet has adopted June and June follows Scarlet on all our trail rides.


Tama - 4 year old purebred rottweiler and rotten to the core. She's my husband's dog and we've had her since she was 5 weeks old.


Samson - My big boy labweiler or rottendor retriever. He appears to be a cross between a black lab and rottweiler. He's pretty big, but he's my lap dog. He's 4 yrs old and was a Mother's Day present in 2007.

Cloud - reasonably ok cat used for mousing purposes. Of all the animals, I am NOT a cat person. The kid thinks he (the cat) needs to come inside when it's cold outside. I think his coat's thick enough that he could stay outside in the extremely cold 30 degrees we get in Texas. Especially since it lives in the garage.

Pictures will be posted soon. Keep watching.

No comments: